Fulbright Lecturer in American Studies
LENGHT OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE October 2018 or March 2019
COMMENTS Apply through CIES http://www.cies.org/
Deadline: August 1, 2017
Length of Grant: 4 months
Starting Date: October 1, 2018 or March 1, 2019
Location: University of Klagenfurt
Benefits: This award includes a travel grant of Euro 800, medical and accident insurance, and a monthly stipend of Euro 4,000 per month for four months.
Language: Lecturing is in English. Some knowledge of German is advantageous but not required.
Qualifications: Open to faculty of all academic ranks with a Ph.D. appropriate teaching experience, and relevant expertise.
Grant Activity: Teach two sessions per week (individual class meetings of 90 minutes each) for advanced undergraduate or graduate students in area of interest with details on content and format of courses to be arranged by host institution and lecturer. Other duties, like tutorials and student advising, are negotiable and depend on the needs and expectations of the host institution and manner in which the working relationship develops.
Specialization(s): Open to all disciplines in the humanities and social sciences relevant to American studies (literature, culture, history, society, politics, etc.). The host institution is especially, but by no means exclusively, interested in candidates in cultural studies. Primary institutional affiliation may be outside of the departments of English and American studies at the host institution and is contingent upon grantee's field of specialization.
Comments: This award will rotate annually and be hosted by the Austrian university responsible for sponsoring the annual meeting of the Austrian Association of American Studies. This award will be hosted by the University of Klagenfurt in 2018/19. The future hosts are:
2019/20 University of Salzburg
Recipients of this award
- Benjamin Fagan, University of Auburn, 2015-2016
- Heather Laube, University of Michigan - Flint, 2014-2015
- Jeanne Holland, College of Southern Nevada - North Las Vegas, 2013-2014
- Robert Tinkler, California State University-Chico, 2012-2013
- Randall Wilson, Gettysburg College, 2011-2012
- Mary Mitchell, University of New Orleans, 2010-2011
- Derek Maus, State University of New York, 2009-2010
- Charles Baldwin, West Virginia University, 2008-2009
- Gundy Jeffrey, Bluffton University, 2007-2008
- James Van Dover, Lincoln University, 2006-2007
- Stephen Newton, William Paterson University, 2005-2006
- David Klooster, Hope College, 2004-2005
- Henry Crimmel, Weber State University, 2003-2004
- Jacqueline Vansant, University of Michigan - Dearborn, 2002-2003