DISTINGUISHED CHAIR PROGRAM
Fulbright-Kathryn and Craig Hall Distinguished Chair for Entrepreneurship in Central Europe
LENGHT OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE October 2018 or March 2019
LOCATION University of Business and Economics Vienna
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the Kathryn and Craig Hall Foundation
Deadline: August 1, 2017
Length of Grant: 4 months
Starting Date: October 1, 2018 or March 1, 2019
Location: WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) and a partner institution in Central Europe (to be determined by WU). WU will facilitate contacts between the grantee and the other partner institution in Central Europe and monitor logistics as well as administrative processes. However, it will be the grantee's responsibility to articulate course details and travel plans in close collaboration with WU as well as the partner institution in Central Europe.
Benefits: USD 10,000 per month for four months, a travel grant of USD 1,000 for the grantee only, health and accident insurance. Host institutions will provide grantees with housing or a housing stipend of up to Euro 1,500 per month.
Language: Instruction is in English.
Qualifications: Open to associate and full professors.
Grant Activity: A flexible combination of teaching and research at the WU that entails teaching two class sessions per week consisting of 90 minutes each (two Austrian academic hours) and one course as a guest lecturer at another university in Central Europe affiliated with the host institution in the scholar's area of expertise. Format, content, and level (advanced undergraduate and graduate) of the individual courses are negotiated with the host institutions.
Specialization(s): This award is designed to address a broad section of issues associated with entrepreneurship in its various forms including but not limited to entrepreneurial strategies, start-ups, marketing, private-public partnerships, economic and social entrepreneurship, and enhancing institutional frameworks for the facilitation of entrepreneurship.
Comments: WU has a special but by no means exclusive interest in entrepreneurial culture and strategies, including user integration and innovation management. Candidates should outline their teaching and research interests and agendas in their proposals. Affiliation for candidates with appropriate departments is arranged by host institution.
Additional funds for guest lecturing elsewhere in Central Europe are available. For information on the host institution and department, consult: http://www.wu.ac.at/en/
Background information on the Fulbright-Kathryn and Craig Hall Distinguished Chair in Entrepreneursphip you find here.
Recipients of this award
- Kenneth Swan, College of William and Mary - Williamsburg, 2015-2016, Vienna-Bratislava
- Dianne Welsh, University of North Carolina, Greensboro, 2014-2015, Vienna-Bratislava
- Charles Weber, Portland State University, 2013-2014, Vienna-Bratislava
- Julie Elston, Oregon State University, 2012-2013, Vienna-Bratislava
- Charles Snow, Pennsylvania State University, 2011-2012, Vienna-St. Petersburg
- Anthony Di Benedetto, Temple University, 2010-2011, Vienna-St. Petersburg
- Emeric Solymossy, Western Illinois University, 2008-2009, Budapest
- Richard Becherer, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 2007-2008, Prague
- Anthony Warren, Pennsylvania State University, 2006-2007, Vienna-Bratislava
- Dennis Ray, University of St. Thomas, 2005-2006, Sofia
- Garry Bruton, Texas Christian University, 2004-2005, Warsaw