JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright - University of Innsbruck Visiting Professor
LENGHT OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE October 2018 or March 2019
LOCATION University of Innsbruck
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the host institution
Deadline: August 1, 2017
Length of Grant: 4 months
Starting Date: October 1, 2018 or March 1, 2019
Location: The University of Innsbruck is seeking scholars to work with one or more of the twenty-six departments in its Faculty of Biology, Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy, Faculty of Geo- and Atmospheric Sciences, or Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics.
Benefits: €5,000 per month, a travel grant of €800 and health and accident insurance. Housing costs are paid by the grantee.
Language: Lecturing is in English. Some knowledge of German is advantageous but not required.
Elegibility: All applicants must have US Citizenship.
(US Green Card, Permanent Residency or Residency Permit is not sufficient)
Qualifications: Open to faculty of all academic ranks with a PhD, appropriate teaching experience, and relevant expertise.
Grant Activity: A flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails at least two class sessions (90 minutes each) per week and may include advising or supervising advanced students and participating in the host department's research program.
Comments: Candidates should outline their teaching and research interests and agendas in their proposals. Affiliation for candidates with appropriate departments is arranged by host institution. Format, content and level of the individual courses (advanced undergraduate and graduate) are negotiated with the host institution.
Recipients of this award
- Glenn Solomon, University of Maryland, 2015-2016
- Robert Fisher, University of Connecticut, 2014-2015
- Scott Pincikowski, Hood College, 2013-2014
- Michael Scott Curtis, Northwestern University, 2012-2013
- Margaret Tyler, Boston University, 2011-2012
- Alan Draper, St. Lawrence University, 2010-2011
- Diane Larsen-Freeman, University of Michigan, 2009-2010
- David Rowe, Kenyon College, 2008-2009
- Christopher Morris, Norwich University, 2007-2008
- Keith Doubt, Wittenberg University, 2006-2007
- Michael Etzel, University of Notre Dame, 2005-2006
- Jeannette DeCarrico, Portland State University, 2003-2004
- Heidi Hamilton, Georgetown University, 2002-2003
- Anna Nagurney, University of Massachusetts, 2001-2002
- Charles Gross, University of New Hampshire, 2000-2001