JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright-Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt Visiting Professor
LENGHT OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE October 2019 or March 2020
LOCATION Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the host institution
Location: Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt
Benefits: €4,360 per month, a travel grant of €800, and health and accident insurance. Housing costs are paid by the grantee.
Language: Lecturing is in English. Some knowledge of German is advantageous but not required.
Elegibility: All applicants must have US Citizenship.
(US Green Card, Permanent Residency or Residency Permit is not sufficient)
Qualifications: Open to faculty of all academic ranks with a PhD, appropriate teaching experience, and relevant expertise.
Grant Activity: A flexible combination of teaching and research activities that may include (co-)advising or supervising master's or PhD students. Format, content and level of the individual courses are negotiated with the host institution. Joint research with the host department is welcomed and appreciated.
Specialization(s): Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt is interested in scientists who seek to contribute to the Karl Popper Kolleg "Modeling, Analysis, Simulation and Optimization of Discrete, Continuous, and Stochastic Systems with Applications in Business and Economics (MANSIO)." Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt therefore solicits applications with specialization in one or more of the research areas of the Karl Popper Kolleg:
- dynamical and stochastic systems
- Bayesian spatial-temporal prediction and design
- decentralized decisions
- mechanism and market design
- nonlinear and combinatorial optimization
- optimization and analysis of discrete structures
- regularization methods
The aim is to foster joint research, to support the supervision of PhD candidates, and to provide advanced teaching within these thematic areas.
Comments: Candidates should outline their research and teaching agendas in their application.
Contact Information: For further information about the Karl Popper Kolleg MANSIO please visit the Kolleg's website . In case of questions about the host institution and its academic programs, please consult the University's website or contact Christiane Louca (Research Service).
Recipients of this award
- Iman Borazjani, University at Buffalo - SUNY, 2017-2018
- Susan Margulies, US Naval Academy, 2016-17
- Owen Mundy, Florida State University, 2015-2016
- Rebecca Ropers-Huilman, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2013-2014
- Moshe Banai, City University of New York, 2012-2013
- Karen Keifer-Boyd, Pennsylvania State University, 2011-2012
- James McMurtry, Washington & Jefferson College, 2010-2011
- Olivia Espin, San Diego State University, 2009-2010
- Eileen Trauth, Pennsylvania State University, 2007-2008
- Christopher Kilmartin, University of Mary Washington, 2006-2007
- Julia Watson, Ohio State University, 2005-2006
- Geetha Ramanathan, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, 2004-2005
- Margaret McFadden, Appalachian State University, 2003-2004
- Lorely French, Pacific University, 2002-2003
- Juanita Firestone, University of Texas - San Antonio, 2001-2002