JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright-University of Klagenfurt Visiting Professor
LENGHT OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE October 2018 or March 2019
LOCATION Alpen Adria University Klagenfurt
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the host institution
Deadline: August 1, 2017
Length of Grant: 4 months
Starting Date: October 1, 2018 or March 1, 2019
Location: University of Klagenfurt
Benefits: €4,360 per month, a travel grant of €800, and health and accident insurance. Housing costs are paid by the grantee.
Language: Lecturing is in English. Some knowledge of German is advantageous but not required.
Elegibility: All applicants must have US Citizenship.
(US Green Card, Permanent Residency or Residency Permit is not sufficient)
Qualifications: Open to faculty of all academic ranks with a PhD, appropriate teaching experience, and relevant expertise.
Grant Activity: A flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails at least two class sessions (90 minutes each) per week and may include advising or supervising advanced students. Format, content and level of the individual courses are negotiated with the host institution. Joint research with the host department is welcomed and appreciated.
Specialization(s): The University of Klagenfurt is interested in scientists who seek to collaborate with one of the major interdisciplinary research clusters of the University (https://www.aau.at/research/research-profile/main-research-areas/). We therefore invite applications with specialization in one of the following fields:
Energy Management and Energy Technology
Applications are also invited in the interdisciplinary field Modeling, Simulation, Optimization in context of the first Karl Popper Kolleg.
Comments: Candidates should outline their research and teaching agendas in their application.
Recipients of this award
- Susan Margulies, US Naval Academy, 2016-17
- Owen Mundy, Florida State University, 2015-2016
- Rebecca Ropers-Huilman, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2013-2014
- Moshe Banai, City University of New York, 2012-2013
- Karen Keifer-Boyd, Pennsylvania State University, 2011-2012
- James McMurtry, Washington & Jefferson College, 2010-2011
- Olivia Espin, San Diego State University, 2009-2010
- Eileen Trauth, Pennsylvania State University, 2007-2008
- Christopher Kilmartin, University of Mary Washington, 2006-2007
- Julia Watson, Ohio State University, 2005-2006
- Geetha Ramanathan, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, 2004-2005
- Margaret McFadden, Appalachian State University, 2003-2004
- Lorely French, Pacific University, 2002-2003
- Juanita Firestone, University of Texas - San Antonio, 2001-2002