JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright - University of Salzburg Visiting Professor
LENGHT OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE October 2018 or March 2019
LOCATION University of Salzburg
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the host institution
Deadline: August 1, 2017
Length of Grant: 4 months
Starting Date: October 1, 2018 or March 1, 2019
Location: Faculty of Cultural and Social Sciences, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria.
Benefits: €5,000 per month, a travel grant of €800 for the grantee only, and health and accident insurance. Housing costs are paid by the grantee.
Language: Lecturing may be done in English; additional German language proficiency is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Qualifications: Open to faculty of all academic ranks with a PhD, appropriate teaching experience and relevant expertise.
Grant Activity: A flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails at least two class sessions (90 minutes each) per week, and may include advising or supervising advanced students.
Specialization(s): The Faculty of Cultural and Social Sciences of the University of Salzburg is interested in scholars involved in interdisciplinary approaches and seeks applications from scholars from all relevant disciplines represented in the Faculty of Cultural and Social Sciences: Classic Studies, English and American Studies, Educational Science, German Language and Literature, History, Communication and Media Studies, Art, Music & Dance Studies, Linguistics, Philosophy, Political Science and Sociology, Romance Languages and Literature, Slavonic Studies. The Faculty of Cultural and Social Sciences is particularly but not exclusively interested in applications from candidates in the field of migration studies and/or gender studies in historical or contemporary contexts.
The Fulbright - University of Salzburg Visiting Professor will engage in the following activities:
· Teaching of two class sessions within the newly revised Master's program (ideally one seminar and one lecture course).
· Presentation and discussion of research findings with advanced students and faculty.
· Participation in joint workshops and seminars with neighboring universities (e.g. in the context of our research networks or winter schools).
Comments: This award is newly established by the Faculty of Cultural and Social Science, but may rotate to other faculties of the university on an annual basis.
Recipients of this award
- Solomon Harrar, University of Kentucky, 2015-2016
- Mark Weiner, Rutgers University, 2014-2015
- Suzanne Sinke, Florida State University, 2012-2013
- Harry Flechtner, University of Pittsburgh, 2011-2012
- Isaac Kalimi, University of Chicago, 2010-2011
- Larry Schook, University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign, 2009-2010
- Starr Hiltz, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2008-2009
- William Paul Franke, Vanderbilt University, 2006-2007
- Robert Arking, Wayne State University, 2005-2006
- Norman Yetman, University of Kansas, 2004-2005
- Roger Billings, Northern Kentucky University, 2003-2004
- Husain Kassim, University of Central Florida, 2002-2003
- Stanley Finney, California State University - Long Beach, 2002-2002
- Lewis Erenberg, Loyola University Chicago, 2000-2001