JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright - Diplomatic Academy Visiting Professor of International Relations
LENGHT OF GRANT 6 months
STARTING DATE January 2020
LOCATION Diplomatic Academy Vienna
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the host institution
Location: Diplomatische Akademie Wien - Vienna School of International Studies
Benefits: €3,300 per month, accident and health insurance and a travel grant (€800). Single bedroom apartment and meals on-site provided by the Diplomatic Academy.
Language: Lecturing is in English. Some knowledge of German is advantageous but not required.
Elegibility: All applicants must have US Citizenship.
(US Green Card, Permanent Residency or Residency Permit is not sufficient)
Qualifications: Open to faculty of all academic ranks with a PhD, appropriate teaching experience, and relevant expertise.
Grant Activity: A flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails teaching two classes (a total of 9 sessions á 90 minutes for each class) in the graduate programs of the Diplomatic Academy. Content and level of courses are to be negotiated with the Diplomatic Academy contingent upon the grantee's fields of interest and expertise and the host institution's curricular needs.
Specialization(s): The Diplomatic Academy has chairs in economics, history, international relations, and law, and seeks applications from scholars with established research records in international studies broadly defined. Applications from all relevant disciplines with multidisciplinary interests are welcome.
Comments: Housing and meals provided by the host institution on-site (approximate value: €11,000). The host institution also provides office space equipped with a computer, phone, and printer, as well as access to IT services and office supplies (approximate value: €3,800). For further information on the Diplomatic Academy and its graduate programs, which have been designed to negotiate disciplinary interfaces within the human sciences, between the human sciences and the natural sciences, and between theory and practice, consult www.da-vienna.ac.at.
Contact Information: If you have questions about the host institution and its academic programs, please contact Genny Chiarandon.
Recipients of this award
- Donald Stoker, United States Naval War College, 2017-2018
- James Savage, University of Virginia, 2016-17
- Walter Baber, California State University - Long Beach, 2015-2016
- Howard Lehman, University of Utah, 2014-2015
- Maria Fanis, Ohio University, 2013-2014
- Michael Jasinski, University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh, 2012-2013
- Lamont Colucci, Ripon College, 2011-2012
- Stuart Kaufman, University of Delaware, 2010-2011
- Lori Poloni-Staudinger, Northern Arizona University, 2009-2010
- Linda Butenhoff, St. Cloud State University, 2008-2009
- Marc Simon, Bowling Green State University, 2007-2008
- Richard Mansbach, Iowa State University, 2006-2007
- Philip Hopmann, Brown University, 2004-2005
- Dennis Sandole, George Mason University, 2003-2004
- Alan Henrikson, Tufts University, 2002-2003
- Richard Harknett, University of Cincinnati, 2001-2002