JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright - Karl Franzens University Graz Visiting Professor in Cultural Studies
LENGHT OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE March 2020
LOCATION University of Graz
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the host institution
Location: Faculty of Humanities, Karl Franzens University Graz
Benefits: €5,000 per month, a travel grant of €800 and health and accident insurance. Housing costs are paid by the grantee.
Language: Lecturing is in English. Some knowledge of German is advantageous but not required.
Elegibility: All applicants must have US Citizenship.
(US Green Card, Permanent Residency or Residency Permit is not sufficient)
Qualifications: Open to faculty of all academic ranks with a PhD appropriate teaching experience, and relevant expertise.
Grant Activity: A flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails at least two class sessions (90 minutes each) per week and may include advising or supervising advanced students. Format, content and level of the individual courses (advanced undergraduate and graduate) are negotiated with the host institution.
Specialization(s):The Faculty of Humanities is particularly interested in scholars whose teaching and research interests are primarily associated with cultural studies and who would work with one (or preferably more) of the Faculty's 24 departments in the fields of American studies, ancient and modern history, archaeology, art history, Jewish Studies, digital humanities, classical and modern languages and literature, ethnology and cultural anthropology, linguistics, translation studies, musicology and philosophy.
Comments: Proposals should outline candidates’ teaching and research interests and agendas. Affiliation for candidates with appropriate departments is arranged by the host institution. Format, content and level of the individual courses (advanced undergraduate and graduate) are negotiated with the host institution. Visit http://www.uni-graz.at/en/university/information/faculties/ for more information about the host institution and eligible departments.
Contact Information: Please contact Theres Hinterleitner (Dean's Office) if you have questions about the Faculty of Humanities and its academic programs.
Recipients of this award
- Christoph Rosenmüller, Middle Tennessee State University, 2017-2018
- C. Richard King, Washington State University, 2016-2017
- Maureen Goggin, Arizona State University, 2015-2016
- Malini Schueller, University of Florida, 2014-2015
- Cara Cilano, University of North Carolina - Wilmington, 2013-2014
- Fatima Naqvi, Rutgers University, 2012-2013
- Anthony Harkins, Western Kentucky University, 2011-2012
- Michael Harkin, University of Wyoming, 2010-2011
- John Torpey, City University of New York, 2009-2010
- Duane Roller, Ohio State University, 2007-2008
- Steven Rowan, University of Missouri - St. Louis, 2006-2007
- Katherine Hoffman, St. Anselm College, 2005-2006
- Donald Hall, West Virginia University, 2004-2005
- Lee Anne Wilson, Hartwick College, 2003-2004
- Louis Kern, Hofstra University, 2002-2003
- Page Laws, Norfolk State University, 2001-2002