JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright - IFK Senior Fellow in Cultural Studies
LENGHT OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE October 2020 or March 2021
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the host institution
Location: IFK Internationales Forschungszentrum Kulturwissenschaften | Kunstuniversität Linz in Wien (IFK International Research Center for Cultural Studies | University of Art and Design Linz in Vienna). The IFK is located in Vienna.
Benefits: This award includes a travel grant, health and accident insurance, and a stipend of € 2.325,- /month for four months, and free accommodation in a studio apartment (35 m2). Office space with library, computer, internet, and e-mail facilities will be provided at the IFK.
Language: English and German are working languages at the IFK. Applicants are not required to speak German.
Elegibility: All applicants must have US Citizenship.
(US Green Card, Permanent Residency or Residency Permit is not sufficient)
Additional Qualifications: Open to faculty of all academic ranks with a PhD. Several years of teaching and excellent research experience in relevant fields is preferred.
Grant Activity: To conduct research in at the IFK Internationales Forschungszentrum Kulturwissenschaften | Kunstuniversität Linz in Wien (IFK International Research Center for Cultural Studies | University of Art and Design Linz in Vienna) relevant to the IFK's overall research program. Opportunities to offer occasional lectures and participate in seminars, workshops and symposia. Senior Fellows will be encouraged to interact with IFK Junior Fellows.
Specialization(s): Interdisciplinary and comparative research in cultural studies, social sciences and humanities relevant to Viennese, Austrian and Central European traditions.
Contact Informations: Applicants may contact Dr. Johanna Richter, deputy director, for additional information on the IFK and its programs for further information on the host institution please consult www.ifk.ac.at
Recipients of this award
- Davide Stimilli, University of Colorado - Boulder, 2018-2019
- Lisa Feurzeig, Grand Valley State University, 2017-2018
- Rebecca Rovit, University of Kansas, 2016-17
- Scott Spector, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, 2013-2014
- Peter Hoyng, Emory University, 2012-2013
- Maureen Healy, Lewis & Clark College, 2011-2012
- Brent Maner, Kansas State University, 2009-2010
- Gitta Honegger, Arizona State University, 2007-2008
- Jennifer Jordan, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2006-2007
- David Luft, University of California - San Diego, 2004-2005
- Alison Frank, University of Wisconsin, 2003-2004
- Noah Isenberg, Wesleyan University, 2002-2003
- William Bowman, Gettysburg College, 2001-2002
- Robert Norton, University of Notre Dame, 2000-2001
- Charles Ingrao, Purdue University, 1999-2000