JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright - Johannes Kepler University Linz Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Economics and Business
LENGHT OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE October (winter term) or March (summer term)
LOCATION University of Linz
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the host institution
Deadline: August 1
Length of Grant: 4 months
Starting Date: October (winter term) or March (summer term)
Location: Johannes Kepler University Linz; Faculty of Social Sciences, Economics and Business
Benefits: €5,000 per month, a travel grant of €800 and health and accident insurance. Housing costs are paid by the grantee.
Language: Lecturing is in English. Some knowledge of German is advantageous but not required.
Elegibility: All applicants must have US Citizenship.
(US Green Card, Permanent Residency or Residency Permit is not sufficient)
Qualifications: Open to faculty of all academic ranks with a PhD appropriate teaching experience, and relevant expertise.
Grant Activity: A flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails at least two class sessions (90 minutes each) per week and may include advising or supervising advanced students. Joint research with host department is welcomed and appreciated in case of a two-class load.
Comments: Candidates should outline their teaching and research agendas in their proposals. Expertise sought for the master's program in Social Sciences, Economics and Business, includes but is not limited to: methodology and research methods; decision-making; media and social competency; public interest lobbying; and civic education. Format, content, and level of individual courses are negotiated with the host institution. Consult www.sowi.jku.at for more information about the host institution and for information on the master's degree program.
Recipients of this award
- Brian G. Smith, Purdue University, 2016-17
- Benjamin Gregg, University of Texas at Austin, 2015-2016
- Noushin Ashrafi, University of Massachusetts, 2014-2015
- Thomas Mantecon, University of North Texas, 2013-2014
- Kenneth Long, University of Saint John, 2011-2012
- Arie Halachmi, Tennessee State University, 2010-2011
- Sarkis Khoury, University of California - Riverside, 2007-2008
- Lawrence Cunningham, University of Colorado - Denver, 2006-2007
- Dana-Nicoletta Lascu, University of Richmond, 2005-2006
- Masoud Kavoossi, Howard University, 2003-2004
- Linda Nichols, Texas Tech University, 2002-2003
- John Groth, Texas A&M University, 2001-2002