JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright - Management Center Innsbruck (MCI) Visiting Professor
LENGTH OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE October 2020 or March 2021
LOCATION Management Center Innsbruck
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the host institution
Location: This award is located at MCI Management Center Innsbruck, an internationally-oriented entrepreneurial spin-off of the University of Innsbruck with 3,000 students.
Benefits: €5,000 per month, a travel grant of €1,000 and health and accident insurance. MCI also will provide the grantee either with housing or subsidize housing with a stipend up to € 800 per month for four months, contingent upon the grantee’s needs.
Grant Activity: A flexible combination of teaching, advising students, research and international academic collaboration projects that entails teaching minimum two class sessions per week consisting of 90 minutes each (two Austrian academic hours). Format, content and level of the individual courses (advanced undergraduate and graduate) and research foci are negotiated on a consensual basis with the host institution, contingent upon the grantee’s interests and expertise. MCI is interested in establishing relationships with the scholar's US institutions and expects the Visiting Professor to facilitate and sustain these cooperations. Institutional documents indicating the intent of collaboration will enhance the application.
Specialization(s): MCI is seeking scholars with interdisciplinary interests and approaches to work in one or more of the following fields: Engineering or Life Sciences such as Biotechnology and Food Engineering, Environmental, Process & Energy Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Mechatronics; Business, Management, Economics, Social Sciences, Business Law, Information Technology, E-Learning / Distance Learning. The disciplines Engineering or Life Sciences are of preference. For more information about the various disciplines and programs offered at MCI please refer to www.mci.edu.
Eligibility: All applicants must have US Citizenship.
(US Green Card, Permanent Residency or Residency Permit is not sufficient)
Comments: Affiliation for candidates with appropriate departments is arranged by host institution. Format, content and level of the individual courses are negotiated with the host institution. Visit www.mci.edu for additional information about the host institution.
Contact Information: In case of questions, please contact Dr. Susanne Lichtmannegger, Head International Relations Office (susanne.lichtmannegger(at)mci.edu).
Recipients of this award
- Dave Williams, Appalachian State University, 2019-20
- Gordon Krauss, Harvey Mudd College, 2019-20
- Zuobao Wei, University of Texas - El Paso, 2018-2019
- David King, Florida State University, 2017-2018
- Rene Mueller, College and University of Charleston, 2017-2018
- Steve Barnett, Florida International University, 2016-2017
- Marciana Popescu, Fordham University, 2016-2017
- Charles Thomason, Ohio State University, 2015-2016
- Judson Clements, Appalachian State University, 2015-2016
- Gregory Perry, Saint Edward´s University, 2014-2015
- Carlos Juarez, Hawaii Pacific University, 2014-2015
- Brian Butka, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Daytona Beach, 2013-2014
- Andy Milman, University of Central Florida, 2013-2014