JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright - NAWI Graz Visiting Professor in the Natural Sciences
LENGTH OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE October 2020 or March 2021
LOCATION NAWI Graz
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the host institution
Location: The NAWI Graz Visiting Professor in the Natural Sciences is located in Graz, Austria. It is a split-site award cosponsored by the Graz University of Technology and the University of Graz within the framework of the universities' strategic cooperation NAWI Graz (Natural Sciences Graz).
Benefits: €5,000 per month, accident and health insurance and a travel grant (€1,000).
Language: Lecturing is in English. Some knowledge of German is advantageous but not required.
Eligibility: All applicants must have US Citizenship.
(US Green Card, Permanent Residency or Residency Permit is not sufficient)
Qualifications: Open to faculty of all academic ranks with a PhD, appropriate teaching experience, and relevant expertise.
Grant Activity: A flexible combination of teaching, advising students, and collaborative research that entails teaching two class sessions per week consisting of 90 minutes each (two Austrian academic hours). Format, content and level of the individual courses (advanced undergraduate and graduate) and research foci are negotiated on a consensual basis with the host institution, contingent upon the grantee's interests and expertise. Furthermore, NAWI Graz highly appreciates if candidates conduct at least one extracurricular activity aiming to foster the student's networking skills (organizational support will be provided).
Specialization(s): NAWI Graz covers 35 institutes of Graz University of Technology and University of Graz in the following 5 areas:
- Molecular Biosciences, Biotechnology, Plant Science
- Chemistry and Chemical Technologies
- Earth, Space, and Environmental Science (ESES),
- Fundamental and Applied Mathematics and
The institutes' specific areas are detailed here: http://www.nawigraz.at/en/organisation/members-of-nawi-graz/
Comments: In 2004, the two host institutions established the comprehensive strategic cooperation of NAWI Graz (Natural Sciences Graz). The most important results are: 21 study programs in the areas of cooperation were merged, cost-intensive equipment is purchased jointly, and there are also common nominations as professors.
NAWI Graz is seeking a scientist-teacher with substantial interests within one of the fields represented at the two institutions and in NAWI Graz. Visit http://www.nawigraz.at/, www.uni-graz.at and www.tugraz.at for additional information about NAWI Graz as well as the host institutions.
Contact Information: Potential candidates may contact the NAWI Graz coordination office (info(at)nawigraz.at) with queries.
Recipients of this award
- Vladimir Tsukruk, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2019-20
- Irena Swanson, Reed College, 2018-2019
- Reuben Hudson, Colby College, 2017-2018
- John Shervais, Utah State University, 2016-2017
- Andrew Proctor, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville, 2015-2016
- Wayne Becker, University of Wisconsin, 2014-2015
- Karin Ruhlandt, Syracuse University, 2013-2014
- Nicholas Baeth, University of Central Missouri, 2012-2013
- Edina Harsay, University of Kansas, 2011-2012
- William Woessner, University of Montana, 2010-2011