JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright - Q21/MuseumsQuartier Artist-in-Residence
LENGTH OF GRANT 2 months
STARTING DATE March 2021
LOCATION Q21 Museumsquartier Wien
COMMENTS These grants are generously supported by the Rosemary and David Good Foundation and the Q21
Fulbright Austria and Q21/MuseumsQuartier will offer three artist-in-residence awards in 2020-21.
Location: Q21/ MuseumsQuartier Wien
Benefits: €1,250 per month, accident and health insurance and a travel grant (€ 1,000). The MuseumsQuartier will provide studio housing and other benefits associated with the Q21 Artist-in-Residence program.
Language: Grant related activities can be conducted in English. Some knowledge of German is advantageous but not required.
Eligibility: All applicants must have US Citizenship.
(US Green Card, Permanent Residency or Residency Permit is not sufficient)
Grant Activity: The purpose of this award is to give creative artists of all contemporary media, including but not limited to publishing companies and radio and TV broadcasters, media and projection art, fine art, electronic music, game culture, comics, film analysis, sound architecture and light art, an opportunity to work in residence with one or more of the cultural providers associated with Q21. A project proposal that describes the artist's planned contribution to Q21 activities and that specifically mentions one or more Q21 project partners of interest should be submitted with the application. A letter of invitation from an appropriate Q21/MQ host is strongly recommended.
Specialization(s): Contemporary media, including but not limited to publishing companies and radio and TV broadcasters, media and projection art, fine art, electronic music, game culture, comics, film analysis, sound architecture and light art.
Comments: Located in the center of Vienna, the MuseumsQuartier Vienna is one of the ten largest cultural complexes in the world. It has a special interest in the promotion of contemporary arts and provides the infrastructure for a wide variety of museums, concert halls and other cultural institutions. quartier21 is an organization that provides support to over 50 institutions and autonomous cultural and artistic initiatives situated in the MuseumsQuartier, focusing its program on media arts, contemporary music and fashion (consult http://www.Q21.at for details).
Recipients of this award
- Brenna Quinn, Independent Artist, 2019-20
- Jackson Hyland-Lipski, Independent Artist, 2019-20
- Nicola Ginzel, Independent Artist, 2019-20
- Franklin Einspruch, Independent Artist, 2018-2019
- Markus Vogl, University of Akron, 2017-2018
- Karen Rodriguez, Cornell University, 2016-2017
- Josephine Dorado, The New School, 2015-2016
- Keith Kovach, University of Central Florida, 2014-2015
- Rachelle Beaudoin, College of the Holy Cross, 2013-2014
- Margarita Benitez, Kent State University, 2012-2013
- Tyler Adams, 2011-2012
- Natalie Zimmerman, California Institute of the Arts, 2010-2011
- Melissa Hacker, City University of New York, 2009-2010
- Nathan Boyer, University of Missouri, 2009-2010
- Sean Clute, 2008-2009
- Damaso Reyes, 2007-2008