JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright - University of Salzburg Visiting Professor
LENGHT OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE October (winter term) or March (summer term)
LOCATION University of Salzburg
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the host institution
Deadline: August 1
Length of Grant: 4 months
Starting Date: October (winter term) or March (summer term)
Location: Faculty of Natural Sciences, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria.
Benefits: €5,000 per month, a travel grant of €800 for the grantee only, and health and accident insurance. Housing costs are paid by the grantee.
Language: Lecturing may be done in English; additional German language proficiency is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Elegibility: All applicants must have US Citizenship.
(US Green Card, Permanent Residency or Residency Permit is not sufficient)
Qualifications: Open to faculty of all academic ranks with a PhD, appropriate teaching experience and relevant expertise.
Grant Activity: A flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails at least two class sessions (90 minutes each) per week, and may include advising or supervising advanced students.
Specialization(s): The Faculty of Natural Sciences of the University of Salzburg is interested in interdisciplinary approaches and seeks applications from researchers in the field of Earth surface dynamics. We especially encourage applications from researchers focusing on climate change and/or human impacts on sedimentary systems. A focus on land-ocean interactions will be beneficial. The successful candidate will have a profile complementary to those of current faculty.
The Fulbright - University of Salzburg Visiting Professor will engage in the following activities:
- Teaching of two class sessions within the newly revised Master's program.
- Presentation and discussion of research findings with advanced students and faculty.
- Participation in joint workshops and seminars with the host institution
- Participation in joint workshops and seminars with neighboring universities (e.g. in the context of our research networks or winter schools).
Recipients of this award
- Anthony Robinson, Pennsylvania State University, 2016-17
- Solomon Harrar, University of Kentucky, 2015-2016
- Mark Weiner, Rutgers University, 2014-2015
- Suzanne Sinke, Florida State University, 2012-2013
- Harry Flechtner, University of Pittsburgh, 2011-2012
- Isaac Kalimi, University of Chicago, 2010-2011
- Larry Schook, University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign, 2009-2010
- Starr Hiltz, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2008-2009
- William Paul Franke, Vanderbilt University, 2006-2007
- Robert Arking, Wayne State University, 2005-2006
- Norman Yetman, University of Kansas, 2004-2005
- Roger Billings, Northern Kentucky University, 2003-2004
- Husain Kassim, University of Central Florida, 2002-2003
- Stanley Finney, California State University - Long Beach, 2002-2002
- Lewis Erenberg, Loyola University Chicago, 2000-2001