JOINTLY SPONSORED GRANTS
Fulbright - University of Vienna Visiting Professor of Social Sciences
LENGHT OF GRANT 4 months
STARTING DATE October 2019 or March 2020
LOCATION University of Vienna
COMMENTS This grant is generously funded by the host institution
Location: University of Vienna
Benefits: €5,000 per month, a travel grant of €800, and health and accident insurance. Housing costs are paid by the grantee.
Language: Instruction is in English. Some knowledge of German is advantageous but not required.
Elegibility: All applicants must have US Citizenship.
(US Green Card, Permanent Residency or Residency Permit is not sufficient)
Qualifications: Open to faculty of all academic ranks with a PhD, appropriate teaching experience, and relevant expertise.
Grant Activity: A flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails at least two class sessions (90 minutes each) per week and may include advising or supervising advanced students. Format, content and level of the individual courses (advanced undergraduate and graduate) are negotiated with the host institution.
Disciplines: Applications are sought in the following disciplines of Social Sciences: Communication, Political Science, Social and Cultural Anthropology, Sociology, Science and Technology Studies as well as Nursing Science.
Specialization(s): The University of Vienna is seeking scholars to work with one or more of its departments associated with the Faculty of Social Sciences.
Comments: Candidates should outline their teaching and research interests and agendas in their proposals. Affiliation for candidates with appropriate departments is arranged by host institution. Format, content and level of the individual courses (advanced undergraduate and graduate) are negotiated with the host institution.
The University of Vienna is seeking a scholar-teacher with a field of specialization in the disciplines listed above and is particularly interested approaches that might foster collaboration among the departments responsible for the above-mentioned disciplines.
Contact Information: In case of questions about the University of Vienna and its academic programs, please consult the University's website, about the Faculty of Social Sciences please visit the Faculty's website or contact the Dean's office.
Recipients of this award
- Armin Schwegler, University of California - Irvine, 2018-2019
- Linda Shimizu, University of South Carolina - Columbia, 2017-2018
- Eric Gaidos, University of Hawaii, 2016-2017
- Jacqueline Vansant, University of Michigan, 2015-2016
- Stefan Bird-Pollan, University of Kentucky, 2014-2015
- Judith Solomon, Clinical Psychologist, 2013-2014
- Ivan Raykoff, The New School, 2012-2013
- Christopher Gauker, University of Cincinnati, 2011-2012
- Jared Klein, University of Georgia, 2010-2011
- Christopher Beckwith, Indiana University - Bloomington, 2008-2009
- Ronald Hrebenar, University of Utah, 2007-2008
- William Grange, University of Nebraska, 2006-2007
- Nancy Hargrove, Mississippi State University, 2005-2006
- Willem DeVries, University of New Hampshire, 2004-2005
- John White, University of Florida, 2003-2004
- Harold Kerbo, California Polytechnic State University, 2002-2003
- Anne Feldhaus, Arizona State University, 2001-2002