US Teaching Assistantship Program Officer
Fulbright Austria has promoted mutual understanding and cooperation between the peoples of Austria and the United States of America since 1950. We fulfill this mission by sponsoring exchange grants for Austrian and US students, scholars, artists, and teaching assistants. As part of our broad mandate, we manage the US Teaching Assistantship (USTA) program on behalf of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research and serve as an EducationUSA advising center in Austria, counseling students and institutions of higher education on opportunities to study in the US.
To administer the placement of US citizens in secondary schools in communities large and small all over Austria, Fulbright Austria is seeking a US teaching assistantship program officer. This position entails working closely with a wide range of individuals as well as public and private institutions in Austria and the United States.
- First point of contact for all applicants and program participants for the USTA program
- Program outreach, promotion, and advertisement in Austria and the US for the USTA program and EducationUSA
- Management and review of applicants for the USTA program
- Maintenance of good working relationships with a wide range of partner institutions in Austria and the US
- Organization of orientation programs and events in collaboration with our partners
- Advising interested students in Austria on education opportunities in the US.
Your qualification profile:
- Self-directed, reliable, and proactively responsible
- Grasp of and ability to navigate cross-cultural and cross-professional differences
- Familiarity with Austrian and US educational systems and institutional cultures
- Relevant academic and/or work experience in the English-speaking world
- Excellent communication skills in German and English (C1 or higher)
- A graduate degree (BA, equivalent, or above)
- Experience with database management, CMS programs, and statistical reporting is advantageous
- Experience in the professional use of social-media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram as well as of standard MS Office programs
- Empathetic, open, and communicative personality with ideas and the motivation to realize them
- Team player attitude, reliable, and able to prioritize and organize
- Work in a meaningful, mission-driven environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Free space to design the future of the Fulbright Austria alum network
- Active support of a motivated team and collaboration with well-known universities
- Modern office directly in the MuseumsQuartier
Remuneration: Depending on qualifications and previous experience, we offer a minimum annual gross salary of €30,000–€35,000 (full-time).
Starting date: negotiable (as soon as possible)
Interested? Please send your application including motivation letter and CV in English as PDFs to email@example.com (Wolkenrot Personalmanagement GmbH) as soon as possible. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.