Do you love to dance? If so, we are excited to inform you about the 2023 TU Ball and associated activities that are always a highlight of the Fulbright Austria program year. The TU Ball—TU Wien’s annual ball—is held at the Hofburg and has been organized by Austrian Fulbright friend Dr. Christine Schwarz since 1989. Thanks to her generosity and the generosity of the Austrian Fulbright Alumni association, current Fulbright Austria program participants can purchase discounted tickets and participate in waltz dance lessons in Vienna prior to the ball. After dressing to the nines and getting down on the dance floor, ball attendees are invited to a post-ball brunch hosted by Fulbright Austria. Below, you’ll find more information about the ball and associated activities and how to register!
Alles Walzer at the TU Ball in Vienna!
Information about the TU Ball
Dr. Christine Schwarz’s generous support allows current program participants to purchase ball tickets at a discounted rate. Two options are available:
- Student tickets (must be under 26 years of age AND have a matriculation number through enrollment at an Austrian university) for €40 (holders of these tickets must present their Austrian student ID with their ticket)
- Non-student tickets for €70
To reserve your tickets, please register by 17:00 on 9 January 2023.
Hofburg, Heldenplatz, 1010 Vienna
Date and time
Thursday, 26 January 2023, at 20:30–05:00
Fulbright Austria will have a photographer on site to take group photos.
Ball dress code
The dress code at the TU-Ball is very strict. Ticket holders will only be allowed to enter if their attire meets one of the following criteria:
- Long (floor-length) evening gown
- Tailcoat with white bow tie
- Tuxedo or black suit with bow tie (no necktie)
Ball program and more information
In English: http://www.tu-ball.at/en/home/
In German: http://www.tu-ball.at/home/
Information about associated activities
Prior to the ball, the Austrian Fulbright Alumni association organizes waltz dance lessons so that program participants are able to put their best foot forward on the dance floor.
Tanzschule Kraml, Mariahilfer Straße 8, 1070 Vienna
Dates and times
Monday, 16 January 2023, 17:00–18:30
Thursday, 19 January 2023, 17:00–18:30
Monday, 23 January 2023, 17:00–18:30
If you are interested in the lessons, please register for one, two, or all three of the dance classes. These optional lessons are free of charge and available to all current program participants as an additional benefit.
Fulbright Austria is hosting a post-ball brunch. The brunch is free and open to all current program participants who attend the ball. A link to a registration form will be sent to all program participants who have registered for ball tickets by 9 January 2023.
Café Leopold in MuseumQuartier Wien (MQ), Museumsplatz 1, 1070 Vienna
Date and time
Friday, 27 January, at 11:00
Travel & accommodation reimbursement
Please see the email you received from your program officer for information about travel & accommodation reimbursements.
How do I pay for and pick up my ball ticket?
You can choose between two payment methods for your discounted ball ticket:
- Transfer money directly to the ball’s bank account by 17:00 on Monday, 9 January. The payment reference must include your name as it appears on your ID card so that Dr. Schwarz can track your payment. Bank details can be found in the email you received from your program officer.
- Purchase your ticket in cash directly from Dr. Schwarz at one of the waltz dance lessons.
You have two options to pick up your ball ticket prior to or on the day of the ball:
- For tickets purchased at the waltz lesson, please arrange pickup directly with Dr. Schwarz.
- For tickets purchased by bank transfer, you can pick up your ticket at the ball’s ticket office.
TU Ball ticket office
The ticket office is located at TU Wien’s Karlsplatz campus (Resselgasse 1, 1040 Vienna) in the Sitzungszimmer AD EG
Opening hours from Thursday, 12 January, to Thursday, 26 January 2023:
Thursday, 26th January 2023: 9:00–11:00
If you cannot pick up your ticket during the abovementioned times, your reserved and prepaid tickets will be available at the ball’s box office at the Hofburg on the evening of the ball from 19:00 to 22:00.
Whom do I contact for more information?
For contact information, please check the email you received from your program officer.
[Registration for this event has closed]