PROJECT “Competition: Fiddle with Fulbright Austria’s Doodle”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
USE CAUTION, SHOW RESPECT, AND ENSURE THE SAFETY OF YOURSELF AND OTHERS WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS COMPETITION. ART THEFT AND TRACING ARE GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION.
This competition is run by the Austrian-American Educational Commission ("Fulbright Austria") located at Quartier21/MQ, Museumplatz 1, 1070 Vienna, Austria.
This competition is free of charge.
The competition is subject to the Terms & Conditions as well as any applicable international, federal, state, provincial, local, and regional laws and regulations.
Please contact Mitch Sims for general questions concerning the Terms & Conditions and/or the competition.
By submitting your entry, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the Terms & Conditions and consent to the publication of any images of and/or biography/story about you or your submission collected during the competition.
The following eligibility criteria must be met:
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older upon registering for the competition. (Personal information received from individuals who do not meet this requirement will be deleted.)
- Fulbright Austria is not liable in case of legal limitations due to national or local laws concerning participation.
- A participant must be a natural person. Non-natural persons are not allowed to enter this competition.
- Fulbright Austria reserves the right to verify contact data submitted during the competition registration phase. If email addresses bounce back or land in junk mail folders, or if incorrect data is provided during the competition, the submission will be deemed ineligible.
B. PARTICIPATION AND COMPETITION RULES
- Participants submit individual artworks known as “doodles” to Fulbright Austria as either a .jpg or .png file with a minimum 300dpi resolution and agree to follow the submission process guidelines.
- Upon meeting the eligibility requirements set out in section 1 above, participants are able to register through this Fulbright Austria webpage as outlined in the submission process. Registration is considered complete when participants fill out the online form and receive an email confirmation from Fulbright Austria.
- Entries or change requests received after the submission deadline will be deemed ineligible.
- Data collected during the submission phase will be made available publically to other participants, at gallery showings, and in Fulbright Austria newsletters and may be published on Fulbright Austria’s webpage and via social-media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
C. THE SELECTION PROCESS
- Once the submission process is completed, Fulbright Austria will ask a panel comprised of members the Fulbright Austria community to determine the winner. Winners will be selected based on the following: merit of artistry, creativity, and communication of theme.
- Fulbright Austria reserves the right to change panel participants without prior notice. A list of panelists will be communicated via Fulbright Austria’s website or various social-media channels.
- Winners will be contacted via email and announced on Fulbright Austria’s website and/or social-media channels.
- Winners will be selected on the sole discretion of the panel. The panel will also decide in which month the winning logo is featured in the Fulbright Austria calendar.
- Winning doodles will be published on Fulbright Austria’s website and social-media channels, and exhibited in the Fulbright Austria office gallery. The publication will be entirely at the discretion of Fulbright Austria.
- Fulbright Austria reserves the right to disqualify participants and/or remove their artwork from its website/gallery/social-media channels at any time or as it sees fit in cases where the doodle does not meet legal standards or conform to Fulbright Austria’s standards.
- No fees or royalties will be awarded in the framework of this competition. Publication of the artwork is entirely up to Fulbright Austria.
- Fulbright Austria’s decisions made in connection with the competition are final.
- Contact details obtained during the submission phase will be used to notify winners. In case no answer is received within seven (7) calendar days after notification of winning the competition, Fulbright Austria reserves the right to choose another winner.
- Fulbright Austria will endeavor to ensure transparency and document the selection process appropriately in order for the results to be verified.
- Late, incomplete, defaced, or corrupt entries will not be accepted. In the case of a lost entry, proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Fulbright Austria is not obligated to inform participants of ineligibility or to allow ineligible participants to amend their submissions in order to make them eligible.
D. GALLERY EXHIBITON(S)
- Winners will be informed of the gallery exhibitions and will be invited to visit the exhibition. Fulbright Austria will not cover travel costs incurred for visits to the exhibition; attendance is voluntary.
- Data received during the submission phase will act as the final artwork for display. Fulbright Austria reserves the right to choose how and in which way the artwork will be printed and/or displayed.
- Gallery exhibition information will be published on Fulbright Austria’s website and social-media channels and in its newsletter.
- In light of COVID-19, some exhibitions may need to be virtual.
E. THE WINNINGS
- Artwork from winners will be displayed in the gallery at the Fulbright Austria office in MuseumsQuartier (MQ) in Vienna.
- Each winning doodle will be highlighted on Fulbright Austria’s social media channels and displayed at the Fulbright Austria office along with a short biography about the artist and description of the doodle.
- Each winner’s doodle will be featured in a Fulbright Austria calendar.
- Each winner’s doodle will be featured on Fulbright Austria’s social media channels in combination with other Fulbright Austria logos. The panel will decide in which month the winning logo is featured.
- Winners will be listed in Fulbright Austria’s newsletter.
- Winners will be presented on Fulbright Austria’s webpage.
- No cash alternatives will be provided and prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
F. RIGHT TO CHANGE THE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND TO DISQUALIFY
- Changes to the terms & conditions will be documented on this Fulbright Austria webpage.
- Fulbright Austria reserves the right to modify, terminate, amend, or extend the competition without responsibility and liability for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to participants or any third party (whether direct or indirect).
- Fulbright Austria reserves the right to disqualify participants if there is belief that a participant has cheated, violated the terms & conditions, or engaged in any other disrespectful or unlawful behavior.
G. GRANT OF RIGHTS
- After submission of the data, the participant retains ownership and intellectual property rights. The participant agrees to grant to Fulbright Austria an unlimited (in terms of time and territory), non-exclusive license with regard to the participant’s doodle for the purposes of this competition, including but not limited to displaying the doodle on any and all Fulbright Austria websites, on its social-media channels, in its newsletters, and at exhibitions and galleries as determined at Fulbright Austria’s sole discretion. The participant is not entitled to charge fees or royalties for this license. The conveyances and licenses in this section include in particular but are not limited to the following rights: broadcasting rights, the right of making available to the public (download/on-demand rights), film theater rights (cinematic/exhibition right), video rights, the right of distribution and copying, the right of alteration and dubbing, the right of promotion, merchandising rights, publishing rights, and stage drama, radio drama, and audio/talking book rights.
- Fulbright Austria also maintains the right to make any alterations, changes, or other modifications in and to the doodle.
- Rights are assigned and granted in accordance with the above points to allow participants to participate in and possibly win this competition.
H. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION & DATA PROTECTION
- "Personal data" describes all data relating to the participant collected during the submission phase. Fulbright Austria is the collector of the data and reserves the right to use and publish data pursuant to these terms & conditions.
- The participant confirms that the personal data entered in the submission phase of this competition is accurate and up to date. The submission of personal data is voluntary; however, entry into the competition requires the participant to supply Fulbright Austria with their personal data.
- The participant agrees that Fulbright Austria may process personal data for the following purposes:
- to facilitate the competition (e.g., to run the competition and contact prize winners to award a prize);
- to combine the information Fulbright Austria receives during the submission phase with information from other sources, such as information the participant has previously provided via Fulbright Austria’s website, social-media channels or archive so that Fulbright Austria can update its database, and/or to publish the participant’s artwork according to terms outlines in previous sections.
- Fulbright Austria shall process the participant’s personal data securely and take appropriate security measures to protect said personal data.
- Fulbright Austria will not collect personal data from persons under 18 years of age.
- Fulbright Austria may contact participants via electronic message, social media, phone, or by letter in connection with this competition.
- Participants may, under local applicable law, request the amendment and/or the deletion of personal data or withdraw consent to the processing of their personal data.
- For further questions regarding privacy questions please contact Mitch Sims.
- For modification of personal data, please contact Mitch Sims.
- Fulbright Austria has no cooperation with LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or any other social-media platform with regard to this competition. For questions of data usage by LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, please refer to:
I. LIABILITY AND WARRANTY
- Fulbright Austria will undertake to use reasonable efforts to maintain adequate hardware and software service for the competition and shall not be liable for: late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries; telephone, electronic, hardware, or software program, network, internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, delays or difficulties; errors in transmission; prize notification deliveries sent but not received; any loss suffered by anyone who enters or attempts to enter the competition, whether the entry is lost, not submitted, wrongly processed, or does not win.
- Fulbright Austria excludes all liability to participants for any loss of income, loss of profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, loss of opportunity (in each case whether direct or indirect) and any indirect or consequential loss or damages incurred or suffered by particpants in connection with their participation in the competition.
- In no event shall Fulbright Austria be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations under these terms & conditions arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to strikes, work stoppages, accidents, acts of God, and interruptions/loss/malfunction of utilities, communications, or computer (software or hardware) services.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, no conditions, warranties, or other terms apply to the competition.
- These terms & conditions will be governed by the laws of Austria and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Vienna, Austria.