This award is a flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails teaching two classes (a total of nine sessions, 90 minutes for each class) in the Diplomatic Academy’s graduate programs. The content and level of courses are to be negotiated with the Diplomatic Academy, contingent upon the grantee's fields of interest and expertise as well as the host institution's curricular needs.
Scholars selected for this award will be required to:
- Advise and/or mentor students
- Conduct a research project of the applicant’s choosing
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses designated by the host institution
Only applications in the following disciplines will be considered:
The Diplomatic Academy has visiting professorships in economics, history, international relations, and law, and seeks applications from scholars with established research records in international studies broadly defined. Applications from all relevant disciplines with multidisciplinary interests are welcome.
None, English is sufficient. However, the feasibility of conducting the project must be demonstrated in the project statement. Instruction will be in English; additional language proficiency not required.
- €3,300 per month (approx. $3,600; exchange rates may fluctuate)
- Travel and relocation allowance of €1,000 (approx. $1,100; exchange rates may fluctuate)
- Housing in a one-bedroom apartment and access to an on-site meal plan, valued at €18,960 (approx. $21,000; exchange rates may fluctuate)
The host institution also provides office space equipped with a computer, phone, and printer as well as access to IT services and office supplies, valued at €6,000 (approx. $6,600; exchange rates may fluctuate).