This award is a flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails teaching a minimum of two courses (classes meet once a week for 90 minutes) in one of the programs offered at the FH JOANNEUM University of Applied Sciences under the auspices of its information, design, and technology degree programs in the fields of specialization listed below. Grant-related activities may also include advising or supervising advanced students as well as developing joint research projects with faculty. The format and content of individual courses and research objectives are negotiated on a consensual basis with the host institution, contingent upon its needs and the grantee's interests and expertise.
Scholars selected for this award will be required to:
- Advise and/or mentor students
- Conduct a research project designated by the host institution
- Conduct a research project of the applicant’s choosing
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses designated by the host institution
Only applications in the following disciplines will be considered:
- Computer science
- Information sciences/systems
The FH JOANNEUM University of Applied Sciences is located in Graz and has branch campuses in Kapfenberg and Bad Gleichenberg. Depending on their discipline, scholars will be working on any of the three campuses.
None, English is sufficient. However, feasibility of conducting the project must be demonstrated in the project statement. Instruction is in English. Some knowledge of German is desirable.
- €5,000 per month (approx. $5,500; exchange rates may fluctuate)
- Travel and relocation allowance of €1,000 (approx. $1,100; exchange rates may fluctuate)