This award is comprised of a flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails teaching a minimum of two courses (classes meet once a week for 90 minutes) per week in one of the programs offered at the Graz University of Technology (TU Graz) in the fields of specialization listed below. Grant-related activities may also include advising or supervising advanced students as well as developing joint research projects with faculty. The format and content of individual courses as well as research objectives are negotiated on a consensual basis with the host institution, contingent upon its needs and the grantee's interests and expertise.
Scholars selected for this award can choose to:
- Advise and/or mentor students
- Assist in faculty, curriculum, and/or program development
- Conduct a professional and/or artistic project
- Conduct a research project designated by the host institution
- Conduct a research project of the applicant’s choosing
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses designated by the host institution
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses of the applicant’s choosing
The host institution's areas of interest for this award include business and industry, advanced materials science, human and biotechnology, information, communication and computing, mobility and production, and sustainable systems. Only applications in the following disciplines will be considered:
- Information sciences/systems
None, English is sufficient. However, feasibility of conducting the project must be demonstrated in the project statement.
Instruction is in English. Some knowledge of German is desirable. If German proficiency is required to complete the proposed research project, competency thereof must be documented in the project proposal.
- €5,000 per month (approx. $5,500; exchange rates may fluctuate)
- Travel and relocation allowance of €1,000 (approx. $1,100; exchange rates may fluctuate)