This award is a flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails teaching a minimum of two courses (classes meet once a week for 90 minutes) in one of the master's programs offered at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences in the fields of specialization listed below. Grant-related activities may also include advising or supervising advanced students as well as developing joint research projects with faculty. The format and content of individual courses and research objectives are negotiated on a consensual basis with the host institution, contingent upon its needs and the grantee's interests and expertise.
Scholars selected for this award can choose to:
- Advise and/or mentor students
- Assist in faculty, curriculum, and/or program development
- Conduct a professional and/or artistic project
- Conduct a research project designated by the host institution
- Conduct a research project of the applicant’s choosing
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses designated by the host institution
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses of the applicant’s choosing
Only applications in the following disciplines will be considered:
- Information sciences/systems
The host institution's particular areas of interest are applied image and signal processing, business administration, business informatics, design and product management, forest products technology and management, human-computer interaction, innovation and management in tourism, information technology and systems management, multimedia art, multimedia technology, social innovation, and smart buildings in smart cities.
None, English is sufficient. However, the feasibility of conducting the project must be demonstrated in the project statement.
Instruction is in English; some knowledge of German is desirable but not required. For research, foreign-language proficiency sufficient to complete the proposed project is required (unless it can be conducted in English). For applicants without local-language proficiency, the feasibility of conducting the project must be demonstrated in the project statement.
- €5,000 per month (approx. $5,500; exchange rates may fluctuate)
- Travel and relocation allowance of €1,000 (approx. $1,100; exchange rates may fluctuate)