This award at the University of Innsbruck offers a flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails teaching at least two courses (classes meet once a week for 90 minutes). This may include advising or supervising advanced students and participation in the host department's research program.
Scholars selected for this award will be required to:
- Advise and/or mentor students
- Conduct a research project designated by the host institution
- Conduct a research project of the applicant’s choosing
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses designated by the host institution
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses of the applicant’s choosing
Only applications in the following disciplines will be considered:
Specific areas of interest include biology, chemistry and pharmacy, geo- and atmospheric sciences, mathematics, computer science, physics, and engineering.
None, English is sufficient. However, the feasibility of conducting the project must be demonstrated in the project statement.
Instruction is in English. Some knowledge of German is advantageous but not required. If German proficiency is required to complete the proposed research project, competency thereof must be documented in the project proposal.
- €5,000 per month (approx. $5,500; exchange rates may fluctuate)
- Travel and relocation allowance of €1,000 (approx. $1,100; exchange rates may fluctuate)