This award is a flexible combination of teaching at an advanced graduate and PhD level, advising and co-supervision of PhD candidates and postdoctoral fellows, and innovative research in collaboration with the host institution.
The visiting professor should engage in coursework related to their field of specialization and will supervise graduate students at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU).
Scholars selected for this award can choose to:
- Advise and/or mentor students
- Conduct a research project of the applicant’s choosing
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses designated by the host institution
Only applications in the following disciplines will be considered:
BOKU is seeking candidates with an excellent research record in one of the represented disciplines of plant and fungal sciences or, preferably, in their cross-disciplines at the Department of Applied Genetics and Cell Biology:
- Molecular genetics of growth and development in model or crop plants
- Genetics of plant resilience and stress resistance
- Plant biotechnology and production of biopharmaceuticals
- Plant cell wall biosynthesis and signaling
- Plant glycobiology and cell biology
- Posttranscriptional regulation and alternative splicing
- Functional genomics of plant-fungal interactions
- Molecular phytopathology of fungal pathogens and their hosts
- Epigenetics of fungal development or metabolism
- Fungal secondary metabolism and their bioactive substances
- High-throughput screening and identification of molecular targets
The visiting professor should collaborate with several group leaders of the Department of Applied Genetics and Cell Biology and beyond, engage in related teaching activities, and be interested in starting a long-lasting cooperation with BOKU.
None, English is sufficient. However, the feasibility of conducting the project must be demonstrated in the project statement.
Instruction and scientific communication are in English. Some knowledge of German is helpful but not required. If German proficiency is required to complete the proposed research project, competency thereof must be documented in the project proposal.
- €5,000 per month (approx. $5,500; exchange rates may fluctuate)
- Travel and relocation allowance of €1,000 (approx. $1,100; exchange rates may fluctuate)