This award is a flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails teaching two classes (a total of nine sessions, 90 minutes for each class) within the bachelor's and master's programs at the University of Salzburg. The content and level of courses are to be negotiated with the University of Salzburg, contingent upon the grantee's fields of interest and expertise and the host institution's curricular needs.
The Fulbright-University of Salzburg Visiting Professor will present and discuss research findings with advanced students and faculty and will participate in joint workshops and seminars with neighboring universities and in joint research projects at the University of Salzburg.
The Faculty of Cultural and Social Sciences at the University of Salzburg is interested in interdisciplinary approaches and seeks applications from researchers in modern German literature with a specialization in the research field of Austrian studies. Of particular interest are applications from researchers with expertise in questions of method in cultural history, modernism, and genre theory. A focus on literary or critical theoretical topics that are of continuing relevance to contemporary society may be beneficial. The successful candidate will have a profile complementary to those of current faculty.
Scholars selected for this award can choose to:
- Advise and/or mentor students
- Assist in faculty, curriculum, and/or program development
- Conduct a professional and/or artistic project
- Conduct a research project designated by the host institution
- Conduct a research project of the applicant’s choosing
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses designated by the host institution
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses of the applicant’s choosing
Only applications in the following disciplines will be considered:
Area studies (non-US)
Faculty of Cultural and Social Sciences, University of Salzburg, Faculty of Cultural and Social Sciences
None, English is sufficient. However, feasibility of conducting the project must be demonstrated in the project statement. Instruction may be in English; additional German language proficiency is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- €5,000 per month (approx. $5,500; exchange rates may fluctuate)
- Travel and relocation allowance of €1,000 (approx. $1,100; exchange rates may fluctuate)