This award for the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Vienna is a flexible combination of teaching and research activities that entails teaching at least two courses (classes meet once a week for 90 minutes) and may include advising or supervising advanced students.
Scholars selected for this award will be required to:
- Advise and/or mentor students
- Conduct a research project of the applicant’s choosing
- Teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses of the applicant’s choosing
Only applications in the following disciplines will be considered:
Applications are sought in the following disciplines of social science: communication, political science, social and cultural anthropology, sociology, science and technology studies, nursing science, development studies, and demography.
None, English is sufficient. However, the feasibility of conducting the project must be demonstrated in the project statement.
Instruction is in English. Some knowledge of German is advantageous, but not required. If German proficiency is required to complete the proposed research project, competency thereof must be documented in the project proposal.
- €5,000 per month (approx. $5,500; exchange rates may fluctuate)
- Travel and relocation allowance of €1,000 (approx. $1,100; exchange rates may fluctuate)