A few suggestions to consider when preparing your story:
- Make your story specific. Don't just make a list of all the activities/ adventures/events you were involved with as a Fulbright Austria program participant; pick one and write about why it matters.
- Talk about what your Fulbright Austria experience did to change you, the US, Austria, or the world.
- Did your Fulbright Austria experience have any lasting concrete impact? If so, be sure to mention it! (e.g., your university is collaborating on research with the university you visited, you brought new technology to the US, the secondary school where you taught has kept the club you started active, etc.)
- Write in the first person.
- Your piece can be as short as a paragraph or as long as a page.
- Include a portrait or profile picture, and consider including other photos that illustrate some aspect of your story.
- Consider submitting your story in video form—or opt to send your story in both written and video form.
- Feel free to share your story in English or German.
The events you highlight in your story don’t have to be big things—even the small, quotidian aspects of your experience can have a powerful impact! From the small to the big and everything in between, tell the story how you want to tell it. A diverse array of stories creates a mosaic of the Fulbright Austria experience and its impact that will truly help future program participants gain insight into what awaits them.
If you provide us with a text version of your story, we will edit the text and create a page for you in the "Stories" section of our website.
If you share your story in video form, we will edit the video material you provide into a single video, which will be uploaded to YouTube and then embedded on your individual story page in the "Stories" section of our website.
If you have any difficulty using the form below, please email us. Thank you for your support!