In order to apply for an intercountry travel grant, Austrian institutions should follow the following steps:
1. Contact the US scholar you would like to invite to Austria. If you don't have a specific Fulbright scholar in mind, you can consult the list of US Fulbright scholars currently in Europe 2019–20. You can search this list by academic discipline and specialization.
2. After you have come to an agreement on the details of the visit with the Fulbright scholar, please send an email to scholar program officer at Fulbright Austria with the following information:
- title(s) of the lecture(s)
- confirmation that the host institution will cover room and board
- calculation of the expected travel costs
3. If Fulbright Austria approves the request, we will officially invite the Fulbright scholar and contact their local Fulbright commission. If the local Fulbright commission supports the invitation, the scholar can book their trip; Fulbright Austria will subsequently reimburse the scholar’s travel expenses.