In 2022, the alum chat series will continue with a new and exciting development: alums in discussion with other alums. Each webinar will include an interview between two alums, allowing the community to hear about our alums’ professional careers, previous and current research projects, and memories of their time abroad.
The alum chat series will take place on Zoom and be recorded and placed on our YouTube channel.
This series presents a range of alums from both sides of the Atlantic in different age groups, from a variety of professions, with different years of experience, and more. Our first alum chats in 2022 will feature:
- Alum chat with 2012–13 US Fulbright scholar Katherine Baber and 2020–21 US Fulbright scholar Casey Hayes on 8 February 2022 at 18:00 CET/12:00 ET;
- Alum chat with 1980–81 Austrian Fulbright student Hannelore Veit and 2020–21 US Fulbright scholar Gregory Perreault on 8 March 2022 at 17:00 CET/11:00 ET.
These two alum chats are co-organized by the Botstiber Institute of Austrian-American Studies, which promotes understanding of the historic relationship between the US and Austria and generously funds the Fulbright-Botstiber Visiting Professor of Austrian-American Studies awards in Austria and in the US.
Each alum chat will cover different topics and showcase our alum experts’ in-depth knowledge. These first two alum chats will include the following topics:
- Negotiating musical culture in Austria
- Paul O’Montis
- Leonard Bernstein
- Cabaret and Weimar era
- Journalism, digital journalism, and journalism during the pandemic
- Coverage of a presidential campaign
- Doubt in media
- Sport journalism
Interested in taking part as a guest and giving back? Please email Mitch Sims, alumni relations manager.